Originally Picnic Lake/Giles Pond, opened as Geauga Lake in 1887, this park was home to early settlers including the Staffords, Mark Patterson, Capt. Simon Henry with his wife Rhoda Parsons and their children, Charles Swires, the Brewsters, and Bohan Blair.
In the year of 1817, Sullivan Giles had chosen a small area to build his log cabin home on this land. Later, he would come to build a large frame home on the spot behind Geauga Lake depot on the north side of the lake.
1856 rolled around and so did the railroad, directly into town, making a stop at “Pond Station”. Realizing what a great, scenic area Giles was in ownership of, he found it a…
View original post 180 more words